Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update

Work: Working home theater full time. The past couple of days I have been at an airplane hanger working on theater gear. The owner of several Montana banks has a huge hanger at the Bozeman Airport with a house inside of it. It's about a 2,000 sq.ft. house with a bedroom, huge office, 3 bathrooms, two living rooms, a huge poker table and a great kitchen. We were swapping out some theater gear. I took time to admire his float plane which is the largest single engine float plane money can buy. Also checked out the Bell 407 helicopter. His jet wasn't there, but his Bugatti car was. One of only 12 on earth. Amazing what money can buy... Also a spare $75K Escalade parked in the corner...

I have a few more leads for my new company so things seem to be going well on that front. Going to pursue a few projects in the Spanish Peaks so I am excited.

Also, still working Fridays at Bechtle Architects. Suddenly I am working 60 hours a week... Weird to go from unemployment to very busy...

Biking: Been on the roads two days a week now and then gym time the rest of the week. 2.5hours on Sunday. 9mph into the wind, 35 with the wind... Today I did the stair mill for my tempo workout at the gym. 10 min warm up, 40 min @ 170 bpm, 10 min cool down. I was sweating all over the equipment and for some reason people weren't hopping on the mill next to me... wonder why?

Other: Jenny and I had an awesome ski day last Saturday. Two days after a major storm and we still skiied powder all day on the backside of Lone Peak. I love Big Sky for that reason. Worth paying the money to feel like you are all alone.

Jenny has also been getting into the backcountry on her touring skiis. She and her sister and a couple of friends toured into the Mill Creek Drainage in the Paradise Valley. They had a killer warm day and had fun with the dogs.

We bought our plane tickets to get to MN for my brothers wedding. Looking forward to spending 10 days at home!!! Biking, partying and networking are all in the plans.

Also, I am sure that many of you heard that a half block of downtown Bozeman blew up. It's amazing that only one person lost there life since it was at 8:15am on a weekday. Went down to see that blast and it's sad how much that hole impacts the feel of downtown. I found myself feeling very sad for our little town. I love downtown Bozeman as it really feels like a small town and a great community. Apparently, there was an underground crack in a service line and the gas seeped through the dirt and filled the basement of a downtown art gallery. When the manager arrived in the morning the gas exploded and instantly destroyed three buildings. Then one more building burnt to the ground and a fifth was deemed completely unstable from the blast wave. Windows were blown out for three blocks around and the fire burned for two days. They haven't made much progress clearing the wreckage and only one side of mainstreet is open past the site. Very sad.






































































































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who is that good looking little black dog?