Sunday, March 22, 2009

Headbangers Ball

Lots O Riding this weekend. 2.5 on Friday with JT. Conversation speed for two hours then a couple of seriously difficult intervals before a 20 minute cool down.

Saturday JT and I met up with the Bozeman Velo Masters squad. JT and I both figured it would be a nice rolling day at an easy pace. It ended up being 3.5 hours of smashing heads against brick walls over and over and over... This squad of guys in the 50+ age group can F***ing hammer. I have no idea why I was surprised but I ended the day with a lot more respect for this crew. Of course my own ego got the best of me and I spent the entire ride proving I was the strongest and ended up with two cramping calves at mile 68. I know these guys are over 50 but it was some of the most difficult interval riding I have done in years... At least I am riding well. Really looking forward to getting in some racing. Next week is the first official race in Missoula. Just a 45 mile training race but the big boys will all be there.

Today I got out with John for a little over two hours. Today was the perfect recovery ride. Good conversation and no hammering.

Jenny has also been out on the bike the last three days and is ready for the end of winter. The last few days have been awesome. The sun has shone each day with highs in the upper 50s. Tomorrow it's back to the grind but this weekend should help smooth the transition.

No comments: