Sunday, November 09, 2008

No pictures

Ended the last post saying pictures would follow. I lied. No pictures of the ride up Hyalite. Was fun though.

Weather here has turned decidedly chilly. I have been working in the Yellowstone Club for the last week and a half and it's snowed every day up there. Little over two feet sitting on the ground now. This week we are finishing up a job with 12 50" flatscreens. Not too shabby.

Started back at the gym last weekend. I am super psyched and focused for this coming bike season. I know that most people haven't finished this season yet but I have been done for a while. I gained 7 pounds and that's all I am going to let happen. Last winter I gained 22 pounds between November and January and that sucked!

When I hit the gym last weekend I was feeling pretty strong because I have been biking a decent amount despite not racing. I saw a scrawny guy put up 940 on the leg sled and it got my ego going. While I couldn't put up that much weight I did make it through 4 sets at 780. What I couldn't make it through was work two days later. My legs were so f***ing mad at me. I had to climb ladders and stairs all day and I swear that I haven't had that much excersize induced pain, ever. I have since calmed down and just done my low weight, high rep workouts. I feel like doing some CC ski racing this year so I have been doing upper body workouts for the first time since college.

I saw John Seifert at the ski swap yesterday and I am meeting up with him at the end of the month for testing. Also participating in a study. Nothing like getting paid a pile of cash for riding a bike for two hours.

No comments: