Sunday, November 16, 2008

3 oh 3 and other news

New wheels are in my future. First pair of tubulars in the form of Z I double P.

Racing yesterday was brutal. I haven't gone hard on my bike for over a month. Jumping right into a race was stupid. But, I finished and I am glad I did it. 8 laps on a really fun course. Mud, barriers, two run-ups and a fun crowd. Lap one I almost threw up twice. Litterally heaved a couple of times. Lap two I promised myself I would drop out when going through the start/finish. Lap three I recommitted myself to dropping out. After lap four I figured I was half way and may as well finish. Just rode my standard race solo time trial. I finished second from last and I guess that's about as much as I expected.

Jenny and Mario were out cheering me on and that helped. I was battling for last place with a Muleterro rider and that ended up being fun as the crowd got into our back and forth racing. At least I was smiling while suffering and providing entertainment for a fun crowd.

My interview with Shealy and Company went well. Wade and I are getting back in touch a month from now when we will discuss the next step in the job process. So for now it's back to home theater in the Yellowstone Club...
















































































































































No comments: