Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wa Wa Wee Woo

Another day, another 106 miles. Saturdays are turning into century day.


I hit the road at 7am for the "Around the Block" ride. Headed up and over Bridger Canyon then blasted down into the Shields River Valley north of Livingston. I had a nice tail wind through Clyde Park and Wilsall. Then, of course, I battled a murderous headwind starting 6 miles outside of Livingston until I was up over the pass between Livingston and Bozeman. Once I arrived at Jackson Creek it was another 15 mins uphill and then a fast cruise back down Bridger Canyon and back into town.


7 hours on the bike, 50F, 15 mph average (seems pathetic but between my heart rate and the climbing, I had to go slow), lots o' calories burned. No McDonalds today, just recovery drinks, yogurt, asparagus and bison burgers. 5200 ft climbed. 1 picture taken before my camera officially bit the dust. 17 hours on the bike this week.


Mulv also got out on the road bike and rode Gooch Hill Road then out past Gallatin Gateway. A beautiful 35 mile jaunt that takes you high up over Bozeman for killer 360 mountain and valley views. Another upside is that there is hardly and traffic or houses so you can feel really alone and still be in the middle of the valley.


The weight is coming off and I am looking forward to some racing. April 14th is the start of the Tuesday night races in Bozeman. First race is the road race up and down Bridger Canyon. WIth all of the nice weather I expect that a lot of people will be fast from the start this year. Could be scary fast..... St. Cloud is still looking like a major goal and September 9th is the Granny Grinder race in Red Lodge.






No comments: