Sunday, June 18, 2006

NVGP: Day Five

Heat, Hills and Heavy Breathing.

The race in Stillwater went well today and I felt stronger and stronger as the race went on. I passed 4 or 5 riders per lap during the last six laps and caught up to Mike and Kruse on the last lap. Mike played it perfect and made Kruse work as I was catching them and they put in a huge sprint on Chilkoot to stay ahead of me.

The NVGP has been a great experience and I look forward to racing it again in two years. Grandstay put in a great showing and I think that they have really put themselves on the map in the midwest.

On a sad note, Out N About Gear has closed its doors as of 5pm this evening. ONAG was the second job I ever had and I worked there almost six years. I will miss talking shop and visiting the guys in the back.

Best of luck to all of the ONAG crew and thanks for everything!!!!!

I hop a plane back to Montana at 9pm tonight. Jenny and I close on our house on Thursday and we are very excited to have our own place again. There is a spare bedroom so we expect people to visit. Anyone up for a high altitude training camp? Plenty oportunities for 8k to 10k foot climbing days up at the Big Sky condo.

See you in Montana.

1 comment:

cmacheel said...

It was good to see you in Mankato albeit briefly. Stay in touch.