Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good Weekend...






Last weekend I was lucky enough to spend my days hanigng out with my most special lady friend. We actually sat around the house on friday and watched a movie! Amazing. Saturday was pretty low key. I fixed the gate on our fence, cleaned the garage and installed our new Swix pro waxing vise. The set up is awesome and I have no more excuses for slow skis or boards. Sunday we woke up early and headed into the Bangtail mountains to hike with the dogs. We hiked for three hours and gained some serious elevation. Hiked to the top of Stone Creek which in the summer is the mountain bike equivalent of Alp D'Huez. Something like 20 switchbacks and I am not sure how many thousands of feet of elevation gain. Once back in cell range I had a message to go riding so I put on the warm gear and headed out on the road bike for the years first rip up Sypes Canyon. Ryan and I are not quite on form yet but it felt really good to be on the road.


This week has been rough at work. Only managed two and a half hours of sleep last night. We gave a killer presentation to try and snag the Bozeman Airport remodel and expansion. Unfortunately we didn't score the project. The whole office spent the last few days working 17 hours a day getting the presentation done. Oh well...


This weekend looks to be mellow again. Probably spend some time up at Big Sky and Lone Mountain Ranch. My first 4 hour CC ski day is set for Saturday. I am not worried about the legs but my arms are going to be in a serious world of pain.


Hope you all are doing well.


Peace Out...


No comments: