Saturday, January 20, 2007

XMas Ride 06/07

This is not a post that trail advocates would appreciate. My only comment is that we were not the only ones on the trails that day. It was fun, it was cold, it was muddy, it was rainy and I gained three pounds at IHOP afterwards. Showing up to IHOP covered in mud is great.






























It should be mentioned that this post constitutes an admission of my admiration for single speed bicycles. Before this day I had spent significant amounts of breath, time and energy expounding on the frivility and "fad" lameness of single speeds. I freely admit I was wrong and now stand wholly corrected. Thank you Ben. That Surly was some of the most fun I have had on two wheels in a long time. While I don't think that a SS is right for me out in Montuckey right now, I am sure that one will find a home here soon.

Grandstay Cylcing in no way endorses riding on sodden, muddy single track. I like the jacket, it's warm, the team is great, I still wear it.

No comments: