Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wapiti the fool....



Saturday AM was big on climbing and views. The Wapiti ride ranks as the most beautiful and fun mountain bike ride that I have done to date. Located about 10 miles south of Big Sky the Wapiti trail starts with a several mile climb totalling 2200 feet. Then it's a roller coaster ride through wide open meadows, cow poop, old forests and tops out at what feels like the top of the world. The views of the Madison Range are killer and the best is yet to come. A five mile descent into heaven finishes right at the car door. Buff, fast single track graces the entire descent with only a couple of tricky stream crossings to slow the momentum.

I was reminded that I could survive a few days in the backcountry as my knees were banging into my stomach with metronomic regularity during the climbs. It's good to be training again and my reserves should be depleted over the next few weeks.

I've heard complaints that the unveiling of the Strong has been a long time coming. The time is neigh so quit bitching.....


The cows aren't the only ones pissing in the fields....









Madison Range looking north towards Big Sky....





360....

No comments: