Thursday, July 09, 2009

What's tha haps

I don't remember a lot of what has happened since the last time I blogged. So, I will just start where I am now...

Heading to MN tomorrow. The BRO is getting married on the 18th. My lovely wife left this morning to drive home with her dad. They are shuttling my road bike home with spare wheels. A friend of mine called for pointers on how to get his wife to drive his bikes around the country while he flies...

This coming week is sure to fly by. Saturday AM road ride with brohonzzle then an evening full of grilling and beer swilling. I have received notice that several people are concerned by the idea of overindulging in barley pop and then riding bikes through the cities. I agree. Outcome to be determined...

Sunday I am accompanying my wife and Liz to the cabin to two days in the north woods. Think I will leave the road bike behind and focus my energy on catching fish and grilling hot dogs.

Back Tuesday for the Tuff Ride. I am scared...

Wednesday is Donut Ride. This is a ride from Highland Park through dowtown Minneapolis, to the Lakes, to Minnehaha Parkway. Stop at Mellow Glaze Donuts for a time-out. This is where I proposed to Jenny so she is really looking forward to the ride.

Thursday Mtn Bike race at Buck. Last mtn race I did was in St. Cloud two years ago. Mike knows how well I did there...

Friday is party night at Gasthous (sp?).

Saturday. Wedding!

Sunday. Recovery ride and grilling.

Monday back to Bozeman.

In biking news:

Managed to shave a full minute off my best time up Hyalite Canyon.

New Zipp 303's are f***ing awesome.

Scored second place at the Beartooth Pass TT. 22 miles, 3,700 ft of climbing.

Strong is building me a new ti cross frame as I am not too psyched with the one I have now. I love the 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Garmin-Slipstream pint glasses showed up today. There are going to make me much faster.

Ben checked out a BMC Pro Machine from Quality for Jenny to ride. Full Super Record and Easton tubulars. 13 pound super bike. Will I be able to get jenny back on her Salsa???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You proposed to Jenny at a donut shop? I should have guessed!