Saturday, February 21, 2009

time for a new post i think

It's only been a month. Stop hating on me. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

OK. So....

Hmmmmmm....

Home theater work is as busy as ever. We actually scored two new 16,000 square ft. jobs in the past week and a half. Wealthy people have money. If you have $100 million in the bank and you lose 40% of it would you change your lifestyle? Probably not.

Bechtle Architects is picking up steam so it looks like I may be back at the firm for 30 hrs a week. That would be really nice.

I am starting my own company. Design 5. My articles of organization and operating agreement should be filed next week. It's going to be official. And I have three clients!! Yes!!!

So.... If you know of anyone who needs any landscape planning, landscape architecture work, planning work or project installation oversight... CALL ME!!! 406-600-0342. Available for projects in MN and MT.

No tires on the Zipps yet. I am waiting to see if there is a MN connection for rubber...

I am sick right now. That's no fun. Was almost 53F today and I sat on my ass. Oh well.

I spent the last two weekends at the Human Performance Lab at MSU. Dr. Seifert was conducting a study for a sports drink company. I was paid $250, pizza and four other meals. The study was conducted in three parts. First part was a VO2Max test. My max has gone down 6 points, to 56. I should see significant improvement by the end of June with proper training. The first Friday I showed up to the lab, was weighed naked, pissed in a bottle, handed that steamy bottle to a guy with gloves and then had Dr. Seifert shove a large needle into my arm so they could draw blood for the next 4.5 hours. After being prepped I went into a room with nine other bikers and started to bike on my bike set up on a trainer. The company bought two new 42" LCD tvs for the study so we watched Tour highlights. The point of the study was to lose 2.5% of your bodyweight in sweat and then drink it back. It took me 1hr15mins to lose the weight then I had 20 mins to drink three full Nalgenes of water. That sucked. Then I just had to sit around. I had to have blood drawn, pee in a bottle and get weighed every 30 mins for the next 3 hours. After that you get to eat pizza and then take off. I repeated it again last weekend. That's it. Money in the bank. I don't know what the drink was because no one could say anything unless Dr. Seifert and Dr. Heil get favorable results. If the top secret drink didn't help hydrate better no one will ever know it existed....

Jenny and I booked tickets to Las Vegas for early May. I have never been there. We found a screaming deal through Allegiant air. Three nights hotel, airfare and two tickets to Cirque de Soliel for $215 / person. Not bad...

Next trip to MN is in July for my brothers wedding. I looked at the schedule and I think I can make it to 4 bike races. Marty RR, Hopkins Crit, Dakota Crit and Black Dog. Depending on the plans maybe the Tour of Granite Country RR (if they let you only do one stage...)

Peace out....

No comments: