Friday, September 12, 2008

Cyclocross Time

Dusted off the Strong today and put on my new TRP brakes. They work perfect and I can actually undo my brakes to change wheels without undoing allen bolts. Amazing.

Also changed my position a little to better mimick the setup on my road bike. I am further forward and lower down than before. I feel much more "connected" to the front of my bike so handling should improve.

Next weekend I am going to Portland with Jenny. She is getting her Wilderness First Responder recertification during a three day course. I will have a lot of free time so I am going to go to two Cross races and a Kermesse. I will be doing the Hood River Double Cross #1 and #2. The cross season starts the weekend after in Montana so this should be a good introduction. The Kermesse should also be a good challenge. Its a 6km course at the Portland International Speedway. Half the course is fast gravel, the other half is pavement and "rough" pavement. I think that means Cross bike...

No comments: