Monday, May 05, 2008

Ramping up

Starting to feel good now....

Been riding a lot now that the weather has changed. Saturday and Sunday were both solid days on the bike. Ryan, John and I took turns bashing each other over the head with our bikes and called it good at the end of each day.

3.25 hours each day. Funny that both rides were the exact same time, average heart rate and average speed but completely different terrain. Saturday was all climbing in Bridger Canyon and Sunday was flat to rolling hills.

After a brutal race last Tuesday in 25mph winds and 40F weather, I am starting to feel some real fitness. I think the Tuesday night shocker was what my body needed to wake up. The last week has been great and I am feeling ready for this weekends race. Tomorrow night is the Bridger Canyon Road Race and then it's off to Belt for a Saturday omnium race.

TT is 5 miles with 700ft of climbing. Then onto the 62 miles RR with 2400ft of climbing. Should be fun. Hopefully less windy than when I was there two years ago. Better fitness this time around as well...

The last couple of days Jenny and I have hit up the local nursery for some serious amounts of plant material for our back yard. Transformation happening soon... Trees here are budding out and it's finally feeling like the good weather is sticking...

No comments: